4.1. First login
Congrats ! You now have a Trisul login screen and may be wondering where to go next. This page will get you from the login screen to the dashboards where you can view your first stats.
4.1.1 Viewing stats
Login as username =
- Go to
Context : default > Admin Tasks > Start/StopTasks
- Press the start button for
- Make sure both the components are started. They should be in “UP” state.
The error message is usually displayed right below. The most common reasons are
- incorrect network adapter : By default
trisul-probelistens for traffic on
eth0If you do not have an
eth0on the box the you need to switch the network adapter to the correct one using the steps in Configuring packet capture adapters
- Go to
Login as a normal user
Now you should log out and admin and log back in as a normal user in order to view the reports.
- Logout as admin from the top right side menu
- In the login screen, log in again as user =
user, password =
- You should be viewing the hosts dashboard now. Wait for roughly 5 minutes for the data to be available.
- Switch to
Dashboards > Real time trafficto immediately start viewing traffic statistics.
Congratulations ! You are now on Trisul!