12.1. Logging in
For best results use Firefox or Chrome
Trisul can be accessed by pointing your browser to :
- via HTTP on port 3000. Instructions to change this to another port
- via HTTPS
12.1.1 First login
If this is the first time you are logging in , use the built-in
admin user or
To view stats
user name =
Once logged in please change the password.
Contexts are multiple analysis domains in Trisul. At login time you must select the context you wish to analyze. Hover your mouse over each context name to get a description of what the context contains.
If you only have one context, which is the most common case, the choice is not shown.
You can logout by clicking the logout at the top left.
12.1.4 Inactivity security timeout
Due to the sensitive nature of the data presented by Trisul, there is an inactivity timeout associated with each user. If no user interaction is seen by Webtrisul server for a certain period of time, the user is automatically logged out. They will then have to present their login/password again to re-enter the system.
You can increase inactivity timeout
If you want to disable it – set it to some huge value (1000000 seconds)
12.1.5 Login rules
- If you login from a second location, Trisul will kick the first session out. (like yahoo/gmail/etc)
- The superadmin (ie the user with username
admin) can login from any number of places.
- All other users can have only one active session. For example : if a user logs in from home and forgets to logout and comes to work. When he logs in from his work machine, his home session is automatically logged out.
- The admin user can Force Logout any user with a stuck session.
- Remember me functionality is not available
- The same inactivity timeout applies to all users including admin
- All login activity including inactivity timeout is logged (See Admin → Tasks → User Auth Log)