12.15. View logs
For troubleshooting you can view various logs from the web interface itself.
12.15.1 Viewing web server logs
Then you can select to view any of the following types of logs
- Web server log
- Logs for the Trisul web server.
- Background tasks log
- Logs on scheduled tasks like report mailers, blacklist downloaders etc. Use this to check status of automatic downloads of threat intel, geo, and various other lists.
- Web sockets log
- Errors related to the real time stabbers
- Auth Log
- View user login including failed attempts
- Email Logs
- View email log sent by trisul
- SNMP Dump Logs
- Download SNMP command and dumps for debugging purposes
12.15.2 Viewing probe and hub logs
Hub and Probe logs represent the actual Trisul processes running processing network traffic. They are linked to a particular context. To view Hub and Probe logs
This shows the list of hubs and probes. To view Hub and Probe logs click on the More Options link and select the view options link as shown below.
12.15.3 Log directory
If you want the raw webserver log it can be found on the Trisul Hub server at
The files are named production.log or productionssl.log (if you are running webtrisul on HTTPS)
Also see trisbashrc:“/docs/ref/trisbashrc.html” which contains helper aliases to locate various log files on the probe and hub server systems.